Friday, February 13, 2009

The knight in shining armour! the magic spells!! hail St. Valentine!!

Ohkay, it is the 14th of Febuary, love is in the air, people al over the world are waiting to proclaim their undying love to each other blah, blah, blah!

I am not an anti valentine person, but i guess that little glitch comes very naturally especially when you dont have that special someone on valentines. However, I personally do feel Valentines Day is a pretty stupid idea, honestly, Why would anyone in Love need a specific day to show it? But i know there are many out there who may beg to differ! I am not starting a debate here, honesly, I couldnt care less. But since everyone around me is talking about love, and practically most of my friends are getting hooked up with someone or the other, I have started to wonder how twisted our perception of love and relationships is... I remember as a kid i would read about Knights in shining armours and the magic spells, as a 5 year old I did believe in it too, but as I grew up, I obviously realised that all of it is best saved for fairy tales and yashraj movies. But however, even on a more realistic level, the current perception that people have of love and romance leaves me baffled.

I am not a die hard romantic, or the kind of person who believes in climbing roof tops and shouting out to the world how I am in love with someone... But yea, the sheer fraudulence of these relationships is what startles me. More than genuine feelings, it seems more like a battle of who is with who and who is doing who, in this whole hollow competitive mess, the sincerity of relationships has gone for a toss... I could be wrong, so could be my observation. I don't care; every action has an equal and opposite reaction anyway!

Till then, Hail St. Valentine, bring on the heart shaped baloons and a dozen red roses for our lovers here!
I am just going to be content spending some quality time with my friends and some beer!!

-- Himalee Shah

No comments: